Future Networks 1st Massive MIMO Workshop
8-10 November 2021 | Free & Virtual
The IEEE Future Networks Massive MIMO Workshop aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, as well as technology decision-makers to form a vision on the use of multi-antenna and related techniques in wireless communications over the upcoming decade and beyond. The focus of the Workshop will be on latest developments in Massive MIMO challenges and opportunities—from fundamental research, experimental results, system architecture, to industry applications.
Call for Speaker Proposals
Submit your speaking proposals on EDAS here.
If you do not have an EDAS account, create one here.
Deadline: 3 September 2021
A regular presentation is 20–25 minutes, followed by about 3 minutes for questions and answers.
Each proposal (maximum 2 pages) must include:
- Title and abstract
- A short biography (no more than 200 words) of each speaker
- Description of the motivation, challenges and/or opportunities, relevance, and timeliness of the proposed presentation
- Email of the contact person(s)
Why Present at the Massive MIMO Workshop?
- The Workshop provides a platform for academics and industry participants to timely discuss breakthrough research, future directions, and lessons learned about topics that are relevant to Massive MIMO.
- Being under the IEEE Future Networks initiative, the Workshop is promoted within and beyond the IEEE community and reaches a worldwide audience. Future Networks workshops, seminars, podcasts, and white papers have thousands of total attendance/views.
- Streamlined proposal submission (max 2 pages) process to engage the 5G and beyond community as soon as researchers can provide solutions that impact system requirements and practitioners who can provide feedback on fundamental concepts.
- The format of the Massive MIMO Workshop emphasizes the need to create an environment for speedy discussions and dialogues to maximize interactions for both the presenters and the audience.
- Being the first time the Workshop is held, you will help shape the direction and the focus of the future Massive MIMO Workshops in the coming years.
Topics of Interest
The Massive MIMO Workshop seeks speaker presentation proposals in the following topical areas. The topics below are not meant to be exhaustive. The Workshop welcomes proposals on related topics or other topics of interest to the Massive MIMO community.
- Cell-free Massive MIMO
- Single user Massive MIMO
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS) for Future Wireless Communications
- Signal processing, detection, and energy efficiency
- Massive MIMO joint radar-communications
- THz-band Ultra Massive MIMO (UM-MIMO)
- Massive MIMO visible light communication (VLC)
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)-based base stations
- Open radio access network (RAN) Massive MIMO
- Coordinated Massive MIMO and RAN orchestration
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques for Massive MIMO
- 5G/6G Cellular Systems and Heterogeneous Networks
- 6G Ultra Massive MIMO Beamforming architectures
- Massive MIMO measurement results and commercial deployment case studies
Please direct any questions or comments to the 1st Massive MIMO Workshop contact persons below.