Future Networks 2nd Massive MIMO Workshop
3-5 October 2022 | Free & Virtual
The IEEE Future Networks Massive MIMO Workshop aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, as well as technology decision-makers to form a vision on the use of multi-antenna and related techniques in wireless communications over the upcoming decade and beyond. The focus of the Workshop will be on the latest developments in Massive MIMO challenges and opportunities—from fundamental research, experimental results, system architecture, and applications.
Monday 3 October 2022 (NOTE: All times are Eastern Time US)
Intelligent Omni-Surfaces enabled massive MIMO: Simultaneous Refraction
| Boya Di (Peking University),
Hongliang Zhang (Princeton University)
|08:30-09:00||Optimized Precoding for MU-MIMO With Fronthaul Quantization|| Yasaman Khorsandmanesh,
Emil Björnson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
|09:05-10:00||Keynote: Multi-Agent Autonomous Networking: From Low VHF to Massive MIMO||Brian Sadler (Army Research Lab)|
|10:00-10:30||Polar coded massive MIMO for Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC)||Madhusudhanan Natarajan (MVJ College of Engineering)|
|10:30-11:00||Satellite communication Applications and Recent technologies||Sanjeev Kumar Gupta (Indian Space Research Organization)|
|11:05-12:00||Keynote: Evolution of MIMO Technology for 5G and Beyond||Yang Li (Samsung Research America)|
|12:00-12:30|| Fingerprinting based Localization in Massive MIMO Set-Up using Deep
Spatio-Temporal Network in Confined Spaces
|Kandarpa Kumar Sarma (Gauhati University)|
|12:30-13:00||Importance of User-Centric Multi-Domain Service Orchestration||Swaminathan Arunachalam (HCL)|
Tuesday 4 October 2022 (NOTE: All times are Eastern Time US)
|09:00-09:30||Designing and Deploying Open RAN: Architecture and Outlook||Eddy Chiu (ASTRI)|
|09:30-10:00||Channel hardening in real environments||Sara Willhammar, Fredrik Tufvesson (Lund University)|
|10:05-11:00||Keynote: Spectrum for NextG: licensed, unlicensed or shared?||Monisha Ghosh (U of Notre Dame)|
|11:00-11:30||AI for 5G-Advanced and application to massive MIMO||Xingqin Lin (NVIDIA)|
|11:30-12:00||Enabling a More Prosperous Space Era: A Massive MIMO Perspective||Yiming Huo (University of Victoria)|
|12:05-13:00||Keynote: High-speed molecular communication: a solution for 6G?||Andrew Eckford (York University)|
Wednesday 5 October 2022 (NOTE: All times are Eastern Time US)
|08:30-09:00||Energy-Efficient Cell-Free Massive MIMO on Top of C-RAN||Özlem Tugfe Demir (TOBB University of Economics and Technology)|
|09:05-10:00||Keynote: Next-generation Wireless Networks will be “Multi-function”||Ashutosh Sabharwal (Rice University)|
|10:00-10:30||Challenges of Ultra-Massive MIMO at THz Frequencies||Javier Lorca (InterDigital)|
|10:30-11:00|| Efficient Deep-Learning Models for Future Blockage Prediction and
Beam Selection for mmWave Systems
|Satya Kumar Vankayala (Samsung R&D Institute)|
|11:05-12:00||Keynote: Next generation mobile from a US perspective||Ali Khayrallah (Ericsson)|
|12:00-12:30||Non-Coherent Multiuser Massive MIMO-OFDM for high-speed communications||Kun Chen-Hu, Ana García Armada (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)|
|12:30-13:00||Coarse Quantization for Massive MIMO||Reza Mohammadkhani (University of Sussex)|
|13:00-13:30||AI-enabled massive MIMO for industry 5.0||Shahid Mumtaz (Instituto de Telecomunicações)|
Why Present at the Massive MIMO Workshop?
- The Workshop provides a platform for academics and industry participants to timely discuss breakthrough research, future directions, and lessons learned about topics that are relevant to Massive MIMO.
- Being under the IEEE Future Networks initiative, the Workshop is promoted within and beyond the IEEE community and reaches a worldwide audience. Future Networks workshops, seminars, podcasts, and white papers enjoy a wide circulation and attendance.
- Streamlined proposal submission (max 2 pages) process to engage the 5G and beyond community as soon as researchers can provide solutions that impact system requirements and practitioners who can provide feedback on fundamental concepts.
- The format of the Massive MIMO Workshop emphasizes the need to create an environment for speedy discussions and dialogues to maximize interactions for both the presenters and the audience.
- You will help shape the direction and the focus of the future Massive MIMO Workshops in the coming years.
Topics of Interest
The Massive MIMO Workshop seeks speaker presentation proposals in the following topical areas. The topics below are not meant to be exhaustive. The Workshop welcomes proposals on related topics or other topics of interest to the Massive MIMO community.
- Cell-free Massive MIMO
- Single User Massive MIMO
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS) for Future Wireless Communications
- Signal processing, detection, and energy efficiency
- Massive MIMO joint radar-communications
- THz-band Ultra Massive MIMO (UM-MIMO)
- Massive MIMO visible light communication (VLC)
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)-based base stations
- Open radio access network (RAN) Massive MIMO
- Coordinated Massive MIMO and RAN orchestration
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques for Massive MIMO
- 5G/6G Cellular Systems and Heterogeneous Networks
- 6G Ultra Massive MIMO Beamforming architectures
- Massive MIMO and physical layer security
- Massive MIMO measurement results and commercial deployment case studies
|Chris Ng||IEEE Future Networks Massive MIMO WG|
|Kumar Vijay Mishra||United States Army Research Laboratory|
|Yiming Huo||University of Victoria|
|Nasir Hussain||Samsung Electronics America|
|Harish Kumar Sahoo||Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology|
|Yang Miao||University of Twente|
|Ahmet Serdar Tan||InterDigital|
|Suma Pannala||IEEE Future Networks Massive MIMO WG|
|Muhammad Imran Aslam||NED University Karachi|
Please direct any questions or comments to the 2nd Massive MIMO Workshop contact persons below.