Webinar Call for Instructors
We live in exciting times, where the pace of innovation and change is increasing rapidly and can make or break a company’s future in months. Mobility continues to be a driving force in our economy, as well as our everyday lives. 5G is expected to contribute greater than $100B to the economy within the next ten years; yet there is too little understanding of what it is, what it can do, and how it will be used. The objective of the IEEE 5G Webinar Series is to expand this understanding and to be the first point of learning for all things related to 5G. These webinars will be offered around the globe to both IEEE members and non-members.
We are currently looking for knowledgeable subject matter experts to develop and deliver one or more individual webinars. Our scope includes topics such as the business of 5G, 5G enabling technologies and standards, and 5G spectrum and regulation. Please see a list of suggested topics below.
Each webinar will be a live one-hour web-only event, with 40 minutes of presentation and 20 minutes of Q&A. The content for each webinar must be able to stand alone (i.e. no multi-hour topics spread across multiple webinar events).
The Scope of Content and Sample Topics:
These webinars are targeted to interested non-practitioners, but also to engineering practitioners who haven’t yet had much exposure to the topic. In other words, generally, these are overviews and primers. Some sample topics:
- The Business of 5G:
- The vision & promise of 5G (capacity, bandwidth, latency, billions of units, cost)
- The economics of 5G
- 5G use cases
- 5G applications and services
- The Enabling Technologies & Standards of 5G
- 5G architecture overview and evolution
- Massive MIMO
- Mobile edge cloud
- The Spectrum & Regulation of 5G:
- 5G spectrum regulation overview (current & anticipated)
- Unlicensed spectrum
- DARPA spectrum collaboration challenge
Application Requirements (for internal use, only):
- Title and abstract
- CV (highlighting relevant work experience, as well as prior presentation experience)
The Deliverables (required of each selected presenter):
- Final title and 100-150 word abstract
- Slide set for presentation (roughly 20 slides, or enough to span 40 minutes of presentation)
- Slide set for distribution (either full presentation slide set, or should you choose, some cleansed version of the presentation slide set)
- 100 word biography and accompanying headshot
Each webinar will be broadcast globally, in real-time. The presenter’s headshot and biography will be featured on the IEEE 5G web portal and promoted to our vast technical network. The presenter retains all rights to the material.