Optics Working Group
The Optics Working Group is structured to create the space for key stakeholders to discuss the optical technologies being developed to meet the needs and goals of future networks—identifying and bringing focus to roadblocks, challenges, and opportunities. In 2022, the Optics WG identifies eight optical networking areas:
- Optical Xhaul (front/mid/backhaul) networks.
- High-speed optical access networks.
- Co-packaged optics / data center networks.
- Machine learning in optical networks.
- In-building optical networks.
- Optical wireless technologies for space communications using satellites or high-flying platforms.
- Optical fibers and spatial division multiplexed networks.
- Quantum communications.
|Working Group Co-Chairs
|Email to contact to participate
|Monthly, set at previous meeting
INGR (International Network Generations Roadmap) Publication - Latest Edition
|Working Group Members