The IEEE Future Networks Technical Community a new service to engage the broad array of companies working in the 5G and future networks space. Volunteers in our technical community recognized a need to fill in the space of collaborative innovation for 5G and 6G networks and to facilitate the transition of ideas into real technologies that improve human connectivity.
Understanding that the industry and research communities thrive best in a neutral environment not bound by geography, proprietary technologies, or testing scope, IEEE created the 5G/6G Innovation Testbed to foster collaborative experimentation and advancement among stakeholders in the 5G and 6G ecosystem. These stakeholders, including telecommunications operators, equipment vendors, and application developers, rely on each other to deliver exceptional products and services across an ever-evolving network, and that interdependence requires significant testing for conformity and interoperability.
The IEEE 5G/6G Innovation Testbed is intended to expedite the process of industry innovation by providing an efficient, low-cost collaborative testing and development environment that helps industry work together to get products and services to market faster.
- Virtual, end-to-end 5G network testing and innovation platform in the cloud
- Accelerate technical innovation across the interdependent industry adopters of 5G (operators, vendors, and application developers)
- Speed up innovation/development and improve ROI
- Use cases: Interoperability and conformance testing, load testing, sandbox innovation, proof of concepts, security tests, and more
- Enables both independent and collaborative testing and experimentation
- Able to connect to physical hardware
- Leverages IEEE’s technical reputation and independent/neutral position
For more information or to schedule a call to discuss setting up an account, visit the 5G/6G Innovation Testbed website.
-Anwer Al-Dulaimi,IEEE 5G/6G Innovation Testbed Chair
-Ashutosh Dutta,IEEE 5G/6G Innovation Testbed Co-Chair